Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
September 9, 2010 Leave a comment
This has been my stand-by banana bread recipe for years. I was quite pleased with how nicely it adjusted to going gluten free.
Mix together in big bowl with electric mixer:
- 1/2 cup melted/softened margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3-5 bananas)*
- 1/2 cup milk
Mix together in small bowl, then gradually hand mix into first mixture:
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix (like Jule’s Nearly Normal All-Purpose Flour or Pamela’s Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (if not in your flour mix)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
Then mix in (Optional, but DELICIOUS):
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. This also works as a loaf – just bake it longer, like 40-45 minutes. Sooooo GOOD!
Now you’re ready to deliver a treat to your gluten-free neighbors :-)
* Tip: Whenever my bananas go over ripe, I peel and mash them in a plastic bag and store it in the freezer. Then I just thaw out a bag whenever I am ready to bake some banana bread.