May 9, 2011 Leave a comment
A good friend (who also needs to cook gluten free for her husband and children) shared this dish with us and I begged her for the recipe. Delicious. I imagine it would work well in the crock pot as well.
- 1 cup soy sauce (check labels – La Choy brand is gluten free)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame oil (or corn oil)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 green onions, sliced (regular onions work too)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
Mix all together and pour over chicken. If using breast, cut into strips. Bake in a casserole dish, covered, at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Serve over rice.